About - Tara Framer Design
Talent for branding, creative strategy, print and digital marketing for businesses, municipalities, tourism and organizations.
graphics, graphic, design, designer, printer, westchester, new york, branding, creative, brochures, annual reports, web design, copywriting, B2B, non-profit, not-for-profit, fundraising, invitations, direct mail, strategy, collateral, content, identity, logos, business cards, letterhead, info graphics, social media marketing, advertising, trade show, postcards, flyers, posters, folders, save the date, year-end appeals, banners, retractable, presentations, location, tourism, studio, agency, SEO, keywords, buzzwords, search engine optimization
Tara Framer Design –
A small studio with BIG talent
Offering a high level of expertise and creativity –
without high agency fees.
Meet Tara Framer,
When did you first know you wanted to design?
When I was a teen. I used to pore over the pages of Vogue and of Interview,clipping articles about Andy Warhol and The Factory. I was fascinated by the beauty and designs of the pages. I knew I wanted to become the person who decided what went into the magazines.
Describe some of your significant work experiences and accomplishments?
- I started in the AV/Meeting graphics industry, preparing flat art for special effects photography.
- As an Art Director in Corporate Communications at Chase Bank I prepared presentations for Senior Management.
- I was a Design Manager at textbook publisher MacMillan/McGraw-Hill, a Senior Producer at Reader’s Digest, and an art director of Microzine & Microzine Jr. at Scholastic, Inc.
- I produced industrial videos – including a very funny one featuring the fast-talking John Moschitta – for major corporations such as Merck Pharmaceuticals.
- I’ve designed textiles, T-shirts, and more for the Gap and for Old Navy.
- Macy’s selected my designs for millions of T-shirts, tote bags, and more for their Annual Flower Show promotion.
- While I was working as Art Director at Yoyodyne, the company was acquired by Yahoo! and I was offered a position in Sunnyvale at their headquarters.
- As a Senior Producer at Reader’s Digest, I was responsible for RD.com, with a budget of over $3 million.
- Since 2002, I’ve had my own studio and had the privilege of serving some of the most respected non-profit organizations and green businesses in the country – possibly in the world.
Who has been your biggest influence?
Milton Glazer. Gail Anderson of Spotco. The amazing and inspiring Seth Godin. I was very fortunate to have worked with him. I learned a lot.
When and why did you start your own company?
I started my own design studio in 2002. My goal was to bring a new level of creativity and to clients in a more direct fashion – without the layers found in large agencies. I was especially eager to serve not-for-profit organizations who needed marketing expertise. And I developed very strong relationships with my many corporate clients as well.
What defines your design?
I listen extremely well. Clients say I’m approachable, fast, and reasonably priced. But most importantly, I’m PASSIONATE about my work. I LOVE what I do, and it shows. I come up with solutions you don’t see everywhere else, while remaining true to every client’s mission and budget.
- Sr. Web Producer, The Reader’s Digest Assoc.
- Art Director, Yoyodyne
- Design Manager, MacMillan/McGraw-Hill
- Art Director, Scholastic
- Art Director, Chase Bank
- BA, UC Santa Barbara, BA
- Graduate Studies, The New School
- Graduate Studies, Long Island University,
- Coursework in Design, School of Visual Arts
- Coursework in Fine Art, Parsons School of Design
- Coursework in Fine Art, Art Student’s League
TEACHING & APPEARANCES
- The New School for Social Research
- School of Visual Arts
- Westchester Community College
- Salsa Dancing
- World Travel
- Green Living
- Complementary Medicine
ASK ME ABOUT…
- My family in TV Game Shows
- The PhD in Clinical Psychology that I started (but have not yet completed)
- Volunteering at Stone Barns
- Volunteering at Memorial-Sloane Kettering Hospital
- My training in herbal medicine, shiastu, homeopathy
- Best in American Graphic Design, 2007
Let’s discuss your next project!
Book your FREE 30-minute consultation today.